Sam - 5


Cont...

They got off without a hitch and Max had crashed into the couch once they were at a cruising altitude. Sam stared out the window into the dark the dim light of the interior lightning exaggerating his profile that was deep in thought.

Bucky leaned forward to get his attention, "Who are we meeting?"

There was a long time of silence before Sam looked away from the window and down at his hands, "I joined Pararescue straight out of high school. Jumping from one battlefield to another, Harlem for the Middle East. I got good, I got noticed, I got promoted, I also had the habit of not always following orders.
It didn't take long for me to get submitted as a cadet for the new FALCON project they were creating. Over the next year and a half, they trained a handful of us to see which two would get the wings. We met Max first, he had co-created the project so he was the one that taught us how to use it. That was when I met Riley. We were paired as wingmen after a bit of testing. He was the best.
We were the two selected and that was where we met Avery, the other co-creator of the project, the power behind the throne. She was a force to be reckoned with and she happened to be the one that coded the wings. She's a hacker to biblical levels. NSA doesn't have anything on her. She's one of a kind. She'll be able to help us."

Bucky caught the drift that he was missing something, "What did Max mean about leaving?"

Sam sighed and deflated more if that was possible, "After Riley's death I was so lost, I quit Pararescue. I drifted really for two years before I realized, I still had a life to live. I went back to school and got a job at the VA. They shut the FALCON program down. But I did leave, I wasn't thinking straight and thought it was best."

"Let me guess, you haven't been back since, no communication, nothing?" Bucky said dryly.

Sam glared, "Watch it, Steve ain't here to stop me knocking that smug smirk off your face."

Bucky just shook his head, leaned back and chuckled.

Please tell me what you think!

Follow if you like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Price We Pay for Family - 39

The Price We Pay for Family - 38

The Price We Pay for Family- 35