Reb - 7

This is in a split POV mostly Reb 

 Reb didn't know how long it took for her to stop staring at the sky. They are gone.

 She trudged back in the whipping wind. In the warmth of her own home, she sat for a while. Once she was sure she was strong enough she walked over to her printer.
 The photo paper was glossy in the gentle light of the tree. Both men had managed to look happy for even a moment. She didn't know their stories but she didn't need to. To help was all that was needed.

 Taking the picture she taped it to the inside of one of her hanging pictures. No one outside of her could see it but the two days spent together had been the most fun she'd had in months.

 Walking over to her kitchen sitting on her counter beside the two boxes ready for shipping was an envelope with her name on it and Merry Christmas. Opening it, it read: best luck with the treatment. With her account number for her bank account.

 She gasped and raced for her computer. They had really done it.





Three months later 





 The man got off the bus into the small town with his two companions. The town was small but buzzing with life. He checked the address he had on a folded piece of paper and started walking his two companions following. He found the address with ease. Opening the paper the sketch matched the house the only difference was the addition of a ramp. The man knocked on the door and pulled off his sunglasses.

 The door opened and a woman looked out at him from her wheelchair, "Can I help you?"

 "Are you Rebekah?" The man asked.

 The woman nodded clearly suspicious. He stuck out his dark chocolate color hand to shake hers, "I come in peace. Promise. The name's Sam. I think we have some mutual friends. May we come in?"

 She let them and before Reb really comprehended what was happening she was flying across the world in a state of the art aircraft.
 They landed at a beautiful palace-like structure. She rolled out and followed Sam into the gleaming halls. They came to a room and she was greeted first by the stunning beauty of the landscape and second by two super soldiers.

Hugs went around first from Steve and then from Bucky. He had a new arm and no more need of her powder pink hat. "You two look worlds better than when I last saw you." She commented.

Both smiled.  "You got your surgery," Steve responded.

 She nodded, "There were some complications so I also got some new digs." She showed off her wheelchair.

 "Ah, Doctor Rebekah has arrived." A voice called from behind warm and welcoming.

She turned to find the man who had flown the two men out of her town. "I am no longer a Doctor but thank you for the consideration. You may just call me Rebekah."

 The man nodded in agreement, "Our world holds too much value over titles. I am King T'Challa. You may call me T'Challa."

 Reb could feel heat rushing to her cheeks.

 "Brother, do not make it awkward." A teenage girl playfully scolded coming forward, "I am Shuri. I am the head of technology and medical delegations. We're going to be working closely."

 Reb blinked, shaking the girl's hand, "With what?"

"Getting rid of your ALS for starters. From then on who knows. If you want." Shuri exclaimed.

 Reb gaped at the girl, "Get rid of my ALS?"

 "Of course! And fix your complication. I can do both things by the end of the day if you like." Shuri said grinning. Reb was speechless.

 T'Challa stepped in, "Now sister don't go too quickly. We don't want to-"

 "Yes." Reb blurted, not caring she was cutting off a king, "I would like that."

 "See? I told you she would say yes! Wonderful! I'll get everything prepared. You may come when you are ready. Bucky knows the way." Shuri turned and skipped off.

"Forgive my sister if she was too forward she was simply excited," T'Challa said. "I do hope you will consider staying and lending your experience to us as a doctor. But that is for a later time. I leave you to yourselves."

 Reb spun her chair around to face the two men and squeaked in excitement.

 Steve chuckled, "You happy?"

 "Exceedingly." Reb declared.

 "Are you ready?" Bucky asked.

 "More than anything," Reb said, certainly looking him dead in the eye.

They both smiled. Steve rolled his eyes. Steve pushed her wheelchair down a hall.

"You know. When we first met. My life was ending. Now," We stopped in front of the doors of Shuri's lab. Bucky's hand almost knocked mine resting on the armrest on my chair and Steve's powerful presence supported me. "It's just beginning."

Please tell me what you think!

Follow if you like it!

Seriously, what did you think? 
Do you want more Reb?
 Let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Price We Pay for Family - 39

The Price We Pay for Family - 38

The Price We Pay for Family- 35