Posssibility of Tomorrow - 45

 

Cont...


Bucky found Darling outside as the welcome home party rolled on inside the Compound. Everyone had eaten their fill of food, and now there was music and stories being passed around for the last few hours. It was joyous and overflowing and peaceful. Here in upstate New York, you could see the stars, and that's where Bucky found Darling. Outside on the patio, soda in one hand, staring up at the stars. He stood next to her for a little while, staring up at the stars. \

"We did it." Darling whispered, "We outran the past." 

"No, we conquered the past." Bucky said firmly, "We'll never be rid of it, but we are free of it." 

"Is this what life's supposed to feel like?" Darling asked, "So, light?" 

"Yeah. Yeah, it is." 

"It feels good." 

"Yeah, it does." 

"I could get used to this."

"They view or the feeling? Cause I've got a better view in Wakanda." 

"The feeling, dufus."  

"Yeah. Yeah, I could too." 

"Will it stay?" 

Bucky hesitated, "I hope so." 

Darling stayed quite longer, "I hope so too."

 "We have the world in front of us. No limits. What do you wanna do?" 

"Take a long hot shower and fall asleep in clean pajamas in a comfortable bed and sleep until my body wakes up."

 "What? Not go out with that cute Southern boy?" Bucky teased. 

Darling blushed, "No. that's tomorrow."

 "Wow, already plans for tomorrow." 

"I figured that I'd conquered my past, so it's time to forge my future." 

Bucky nodded looking, at the beautiful young woman his daughter was becoming. So different from the skinny thing they'd found in that warehouse. But the same determination. The same drive. The same hope. He raised his glass to her. To the future. "To the possibility of tomorrow." 

Darling smiled back at him and raised her own glass, "To tomorrow." 


Tell me what you think in the comments!

Follow if you like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Price We Pay for Family - 39

The Price We Pay for Family - 38

The Price We Pay for Family- 35