Possibility of Tomorrow - 33

 

Cont...


"Quebec?!" Harley stared at Darling, fully healed, in disbelief. "We have to chase this moron all the way to Quebec to get a confession?" 

"Pretty much." Darling huffed, running on a treadmill. 

"But we can't even arrest him! He'll be in foreign soil, which makes him a foreign diplomat, which means diplomatic immunity!" Peter argued, "It's useless!"

 "No one said anything about arresting him," Darling said darkly. 

Both boys stared at her in partial horror. "No, you at not scything him to prices!" Harley shot that idea down, "That's a diplomatic bomb!" 

"Goodness, I'm not gonna kill the guy, you maniacs. But if I did, no one would know it was me, so there would be no charges. It'd just be pandemonium." Darling rolled her eyes. 

"So you have thought about it!" Peter accused. 

"That's not the point. The point is we're not killing him. I'm going in getting him to confess, and then we're coming home. When he comes back to the states, then we'll arrest him." Darling explained, slowing down the treadmill to hope off. 

"And who's arresting him? Tony can't cause he signed the Accords." Harley asked, handing Darling a water bottle.

 "The head of the anti-terrorism task force." Darling gulped down the offered water. 

"Everett Ross? The guy who refused to give your father a lawyer during the Berlin incident?" Peter asked, scandalized. 

"We're just trading one Ross for another!" Harley snapped. 

"Not necessarily. He was in Wakanda during the week-long surge for power. T'Challa speaks highly of him. He's not how he was two years ago." Darling said, rubbing the sweat off her face with a small towel. 

"So you're recording Ross confess to you to then give all our evidence against him to Everett Ross so that the guy that arguably doomed your dad two years ago can arrest the man that made your uncle an international fugitive." Peter ran over the plan, "Am I missing anything?"

 "Nope." Darling grabbed a hoodie and downed some more water, "That sounds about right." 

Peter stared at her for a long moment, "What do you need?" 

"I need you to whip up another cocktail of hallucinogens, and you," she turned to Harley, "To whip up an army of those baby robots like what Peter has." 

"Like the Edith robots?" Harley asked, mentally sketching blueprints. 

"With elements of BARF, yes." Darling nodded.

 "What kind of cocktail makings are we talking about?" Peter asked as they exited the gym and headed towards Peter's lab that was also Harley's, when he was in town. 

"Diazepam and or alprazolam. Enough to make him manipulatable." Darling listed.

 "Manipulatable? He'll be as good as drunk." Harley scoffed. 

"Not if you give him less than any." Peter countered. 

"I need them both within a week," Darling said, entering their lab. 

"How many bots do you want?" Harley asked. 

"As many as you can give me." Darling sat on a stool they had set out. "I need them to be flying, capable of recording both visual and audio and invisible." 

"Okay, I can get you about a hundred and fifty the size of a small spider by next week." Harley nodded, doing quick math on a tablet. 

"I'll take it." Darling smiled with a nod. 

"Why do you need them anyway?" Peter asked, already starting to test formulas on his work screen. 

"I'm not planning on wearing a wire. The drones will do it for me. That way, I'll be clear on a pat-down and a scan." Darling explained. 

"You really think he'll do that?" Peter asked. 

"I'm not his brother, I'm not going to be able to prove in any way he wants that I'm with his brother, and he's fought for his power by less than legal means for the last fifty years. What would you do in his shoes?" Darling settled Peter with a leveled stare.

 "Fair point," Peter mumbled. 

"How are you planning to control the drones?" Harley asked, "If you're not planning on having any sort of remote?" 

"I'm not," Darling turned to look at Harley, "You are." 

"Wait, what?" Harley jerked around, so he was giving her his full attention.

 "I need you to be my safety net." Darling said seriously, "I need you to make sure we get that evidence no matter what."

 "You're trusting me to do that?" Harley checked. 

"Yes, I trust you." Darling nodded, standing, "That and I don't trust that Peter won't fly a drone straight into Ross's big forehead." 

"Hey!" Peter cried indignantly. 

Harley snorted, "Got that right." 

Darling grinned, "You both have a week. Have fun with that." 


Tell me what you think in the comments!

Follow if you like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Price We Pay for Family - 39

The Price We Pay for Family - 38

The Price We Pay for Family- 35